The main goal of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is to make it so that the search engine spiders find your website and all its pages and are able to correctly assess the relevance of each page. The end result of Search Engine Optimization should be to make your website appear among the first results of search engines like Google, Bing, or Yahoo Search. The process of SEO is not just a one-time process but it actually requires regular tuning, maintenance, monitoring, and testing.
First step: Business analysis for your target market
- Website. Analyze your website content and see whether or not you have the right sets of keywords, good-quality content, and good code. All these elements will be taken into consideration by search engines. Does a page have more code than content, then that page is not correctly optimized.
- Competitors. You should always pay close attention to your competitors. Analyze the keywords that they are using, and do constant Google searches using the keywords to see which competitors rank higher than you. Pick the top results and use Keywords and content analysis tools to learn about their SEO strategies.
- Keywords. After getting keywords from your competitors and from other sources, create a prioritized list that is appropriate for your business and start using these words in your content. Are you aware of what your customers are usually looking for? If you do, then you can use the terms that they are using in their search queries and create high-quality content.
Second step: Optimize your website content
- Page titles. Using titles that include keywords is beneficial; as it will help search engines determine the general theme of your page.
- Meta tags. Meta tags are extremely important as they influence the click-throughs. However, the meta tags are not useful for Google rankings anymore.
- Strategic search phrases. Include carefully curated keywords into the source code of your and throughout your existing content on all your website pages. Ensure that you apply a maximum of three keywords or keyword phrases throughout the content of one page and add more pages if you want to rank for more keywords. It is better to have more pages than to use hundreds of keywords on a single page, as that can be labeled as keyword spamming. Ensure that your content sounds natural and not forced or overly-formal. Natural sounding phrases are more likely to appear in Google searches because that is what will match people’s searches.
- Sitemaps for search engines. Make it easier for Google, Bing, and other search engines index your website by creating HTML and XML versions of it.
- Link building. The easiest way to get valuable links for your website is by doing some link building. If you have numerous links that link back to your website, your chances of being on the first page in search engines is higher, as these links will make it more likely for search engines to index your website. Make sure you submit your website to verified and high-quality websites and avoid spammy-looking directories.